Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Marion County / 3-51 Jacob's Well [4]

  • 3-51 Marker 3-51 Marker
  • 3-51 #3-51 Jacob's Well A 3-51 #3-51 Jacob's Well A
  • 3-51 #3-51 Jacob's Well B 3-51 #3-51 Jacob's Well B
  • 3-51 William Henry Harrison 3-51 William Henry Harrison
Title, side A
Jacob's Well
Text, side A
Jacob Foos, while surveying the Military Road north from Fort Morrow to Fremont during the War of 1812, dug a well at this site. General William H. Harrison and his troops, on their way to Lake Erie, camped here and drank from the well. This area was known as "Jacob's Well" until the founding of Marion in 1822.
Address
400 Delaware Ave
Marion, OH 43302
Location
Marion Towers, on N side of complex in a small courtyard
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.582092, Longitude: -83.127834.
Google map: