Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Miami County / 14-55 Forest Hill Union Cemetery [4]

Title, side A
Forest Hill Union Cemetery
Text, side A
On March 20, 1868, The Ohio General Assembly passed a revision to the Ohio Revised Code allowing for a municipality and a township to join together in purchasing land for a shared cemetery. On April 24, 1868, the Washington Township Trustees passed a resolution creating Forest Hill Union Cemetery. This cemetery was to be shared with the City of Piqua and became the first mutual cemetery between a municipality and a township in Ohio.
Address
8660 OH 66
Piqua, OH 45356
Location
Just S of the main building at the entrance to Forest Hill Cemetery
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.1652030, Longitude: -84.2561190.
Google map: