Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Miami County / 17-55 Brown Township School District #6 (Allen's School) [2]

  • 17-55 Marker 17-55 Marker
  • 17-55 Marker in front of school now a museum 17-55 Marker in front of school now a museum
Title, side A
Brown Township School District #6 (Allen's School)
Text, side A
In 1832, Sylvanus Allen's property became the site of Brown Township's sixth and final school district. Following many building expansions, the current building, constructed in 1916, became the home of the Lena-Conover Consolidated School and became part of the Miami East Local School District in 1958. In 1991, the building's educational legacy continued when it was returned to the trustees and became the home of the A.B. Graham Memorial Center Inc, named in honor of the Lena-Conover alumnus, educator and founder of the 4-H club movement.
Address
8025 E St Rt 36
Conover, OH 45317
Location
8025 E State Route 36, Conover