Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Montgomery County / 13-57 Woody's Market [4]

  • 13-57 Original Site of Woody's Market 13-57 Original Site of Woody's Market
  • 13-57 Marker 13-57 Marker
  • 13-57 Original Site of Woody's Market Parking Lot 13-57 Original Site of Woody's Market Parking Lot
  • 13-57 ylime5900 13-57 ylime5900
Title, side A
Woody's Market
Text, side A
From 1944 to 1999, this was the site of Woody's Market started by the late Woodrow W. Bowman. The Market grew from a one-person open-air produce stand to a 500-employee, 100,000 square foot full-service shopping center open 24 hours, 7 days a week. The Over-the-Road-Restaurant, added in 1968, was a gathering place for the community. Woody's Market was a regional retail icon. After closing the Market in May 1999, Woody Bowman died on July 22, 2006. The Market was razed in April 2007.
Address
810 E Dixie Dr
West Carrollton, OH 45449
Location
Corner of Alex-Bell Rd & E Dixie Dr