Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Morgan County / 7-58 The Stockport Mill [7]

  • 7-58 The mill from lock 6 7-58 The mill from lock 6
  • 7-58 Stockport Mill 7-58 Stockport Mill
  • 7-58 Stockport Mill 7-58 Stockport Mill
  • 7-58 The Stockport Mill 7-58 The Stockport Mill
  • 7-58 The Stockport Mill 7-58 The Stockport Mill
  • 7-58 Stockport Mill 7-58 Stockport Mill
  • 7-58 Stockport Mill 7-58 Stockport Mill
Title, side A
The Stockport Mill
Title, side B
NULL
Text, side A
The Stockport Mill, the third on this site since 1842, was built in 1906 by the Dover brothers. Using a pair of 40-inch Leffel turbines, it harnessed water power for both milling and generating electricity for the town. Known for its Gold Bond, Seal of Ohio, and Pride of the Valley refined flours, the Stockport Milling Company shipped its products by steam packet boat and over the Ohio & Little Kanawha Railroad before the era of all-weather roads. The mill also functioned as a community hub where local farmers obtained supplies and shared news. It ceased operation as a feed mill in 1997.
Address
1995 Broadway Avenue
Stockport, OH 43787
Location
1995 Broadway Avenue
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.548420, Longitude: -81.790710.
Google map: