Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Ross County / 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church [5]

  • 14-71 James H. Dickey 14-71 James H. Dickey
  • 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church
  • 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church
  • 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church
  • 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church 14-71 Concord Presbyterian Church
Title, side A
Concord Presbyterian Church
Text, side A
The Concord Presbyterian Church congregation organized in 1805. The Concord Church was an integral part of the antislavery movement and was a station on the Underground Railroad. Reverend James H. Dickey, the congregation's second pastor, was known to be "an avowed anti-slavery man" and an "active Ohio abolitionist." The Anderson and Galbraith families, who were members of the congregation, were Underground Railroad conductors. Fugitives hid in the loft of the church until they could be taken to the next station in either Frankfort or Chillicothe.
Address
498 Acton Road
Frankfort, OH 45628
Location
498 Acton Road
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.353537, Longitude: -83.204534.
Google map: