Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Stark County / 10-76 Deer Creek Quaker Cemetery [4]

  • 10-76 Marker #10-76 10-76 Marker #10-76
  • 10-76 The Setting 10-76 The Setting
  • 10-76 The marker 7/21/ 2013 10-76 The marker 7/21/ 2013
  • 10-76 Deer Creek Quaker Cemeterty 10-76 Deer Creek Quaker Cemeterty
Title, side A
Deer Creek Quaker Cemetery
Text, side A
Deer Creek Quaker Cemetery was established on land donated by Isaac Coates, who brought his family from Chester County, Pennsylvania to settle in Lexington Township in 1820. The name Deer Creek comes from the nearby stream and it signifies the numerous deer that have abounded in the vicinity. The cemetery sits across from the former Deer Creek Quaker Meeting House. Isaac Coates is among the pioneers laid to rest here.
Location
German Church Street & McCallum Ave.
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.592850, Longitude: -81.103320.
Google map: