Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Stark County / 14-76 Marlborough Quaker Burying Grounds & Meeting House [4]

  • 14-76 The marker 7/21/ 2013 14-76 The marker 7/21/ 2013
  • 14-76 The Marker 14-76 The Marker
  • 14-76 A visitor to the burying ground 14-76 A visitor to the burying ground
  • 14-76 The burying ground with the Marker in the background 14-76 The burying ground with the Marker in the background
Title, side A
Marlborough Quaker Burying Grounds & Meeting House
Text, side A
The Marlborough Society of Friends Meeting was established in 1813 by the Salem Quarterly Meeting at the request of the Springfield (Damascus) Meeting. The Marlborough Friends and Lexington Friends combined to become the Alliance Friends in 1865 and relocated to 322 East Perry Street in Alliance, which was the site of a Methodist Episcopal Church. The Marlborough Friends Meeting House and the burying ground were sold to W.W. Holibaugh in 1897 and remain in private ownership. When State Route 619 was widened in 1941, some burials were exhumed and re-interred
Address
10053 Edison Street NE
Alliance, OH 44601
Location
10053 Edison St, NE
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.950426, Longitude: -81.205980.
Google map: