Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Wood County / 2-87 First Seventh-Day Adventist Church [2]

Title, side A
First Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Text, side A
Elder Oliver Mears organized on February 8, 1862 in a tent on this spot, then a walnut grove owned by William Lovett, the Lovett's Grove Seventh-day Adventist Church, first of this denomination in Ohio. A Frame building erected in 1864 served the congregation until 1911 when it moved to its present location in Bowling Green.
Location
North Main Street, 1 mile North of Bowling Green
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.4099590, Longitude: -83.6509670.
Google map: