Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Wood County / 3-87 Old Wood County Jail [8]

  • 3-87 The Setting - Jan '07 3-87 The Setting - Jan '07
  • 3-87 The Marker 3-87 The Marker
  • 3-87 A Closer Look 3-87 A Closer Look
  • 3-87 Jail 3-87 Jail
  • 3-87 Marker Back 3-87 Marker Back
  • 3-87 Marker Front 3-87 Marker Front
  • 3-87 Jail Entrance 3-87 Jail Entrance
  • 3-87 Old Wood County Jail 3-87 Old Wood County Jail
Title, side A
Old Wood County Jail
Text, side A
Old Wood County Jail 1847-1870. Built in 1847, during the Presidency of Polk, when Perrysburg was the County Seat, and used as the Jail and Infirmary until 1870. Continued to serve as the Perrysburg Jail until 1899, sold by the town in 1918. Acquired and restored by Mr. and Mrs. Charles W. Hoffmann in 1954. Listed in the Historic American Building Survey and National Register of Historical Landmarks, Library of Congress.
Address
240 W. Indiana Ave
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Location
Prospect and Court Street near Wood County Court House
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.555451, Longitude: -83.631430.
Google map: