Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Adams County / 3-1 Covenanter Church [2]

  • 3-1 Covanenter 3-1 Covanenter
  • 3-1 Cherry Fork 3-1 Cherry Fork
Title, side A
Covenanter Church
Text, side A
In 1804, a group of Scotch-Irish Covenanters from Rockbridge County, Virginia, erected a log church on this location. In 1805, they organized the Cherry Fork Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. Two brick churches were also built on this location, in 1832 and 1854. The present (1976) Cherry Fork United Presbyterian Church is the oldest congregation of Covenanter origin in Ohio.
Address
14806 St. Rt. 136
Cherry Fork, OH 45618
Location
Located at site of Cherry Fork United Presbyterian Church, 15 miles from Peebles, In the cemetery 1