Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Hamilton County / 90-31 Clark Stone House [6]

Title, side A
Clark Stone House
Text, side A
The Clark Stone House, constructed around 1801 by James Clark (1765-1852), is one of the oldest standing stone houses in Ohio. Clark, who served as a drummer in the Battle of Yorktown (1781), came with his family to Anderson Township in 1797 and bought this land along Clough Creek. Clark was a mathematician, taught school, ran a distillery, operated an orchard nursery and served as a justice of the peace, a judge, and a state legislator. The two-story dressed limestone house was sold to the Leuser family in 1864, was acquired by the related Messmer family in 1923, and sold to Anderson Township in 1995.
Address
6840 Clough Pike
Anderson Township, OH 45244
Location
In front of property along Clough Pike
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.534000, Longitude: -84.213800.
Google map: