Home / Adams County / 6-1 Peebles 
- Title, side A
- Text, side A
- Platted in 1881 by Isaiah Custer at the junction of Zane's Trace (1796-97) and the Cincinnati and Eastern Railway (1881). Incorporated 1886. Named after John G. Peebles, Portsmouth, Ohio, businessman. David Nixon constructed the first house in town, operated for many years as the Nixon Hotel. Annual chautauquas were conducted on grounds south of the railroad beginning in 1906 and continuing through 1917.
- Adams County Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- 184 N Main St
Peebles, OH 45660
- At post office