Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Erie County / 6-22 Sandusky's First Congregation [6]

  • 6-22 Marker 6-22 Marker
  • 6-22 Sandusky's First Congregation Marker 6-22 Sandusky's First Congregation Marker
  • 6-22 Trinity Methodist Church Cornerstone 6-22 Trinity Methodist Church Cornerstone
  • 6-22 Trinity Methodist Church 6-22 Trinity Methodist Church
  • 6-22 Sandusky's First Congregation 6-22 Sandusky's First Congregation
  • 6-22 Sandusky's First Congregation 6-22 Sandusky's First Congregation
Title, side A
Sandusky's First Congregation
Text, side A
The Methodist Episcopal Church pioneered organized religion in Perkins Township in 1811, then in Sandusky when the Rev. Alfred Brunson preached the city's first sermon in January, 1818. In 1829 the Methodists built Sandusky's first church, on West Square, and had later churches on the present sites of the Court House and Post Office. This building was begun in 1922, the sanctuary completed in 1958. The Perkins and Sandusky congregations united in 1930.
Address
214 E. Jefferson Street
Sandusky, OH 44870
Location
214 E. Jefferson Street, Trinity Methodist Church
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.453126, Longitude: -82.707630.
Google map: