Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Greene County / 15-29 Antioch College [14]

  • 15-29 The Setting 15-29 The Setting
  • 15-29 Marker #15-29 15-29 Marker #15-29
  • 15-29 Antioch Hall 15-29 Antioch Hall
  • 15-29 The College 15-29 The College
  • 15-29 Marker Story 15-29 Marker Story
  • 15-29 Marker 15-29 Marker
  • 15-29 Antioch College 15-29 Antioch College
  • 15-29 Marker - Courtsey of Andy Verhoff 15-29 Marker - Courtsey of Andy Verhoff
  • 15-29 Marker - Courtsey of Andy Verhoff 15-29 Marker - Courtsey of Andy Verhoff
  • 15-29 29-15 Antioch College - Yellow Springs 7-24-14 15-29 29-15 Antioch College - Yellow Springs 7-24-14
  • 15-29 Antioch College 15-29 Antioch College
  • 15-29 Horace Mann Memorial 15-29 Horace Mann Memorial
  • 15-29 First Graduating Class of Antioch College 15-29 First Graduating Class of Antioch College
  • 15-29 Antioch College 15-29 Antioch College
Title, side A
Antioch College
Text, side A
Chartered in 1852 by the Christian Church and later a Unitarian institution, Antioch College opened with educational pioneer Horace Mann as its first president. One of the earliest co-educational colleges in the United States, from its inception Antioch promoted humanistic and egalitarian values. In 1920 Arthur E. Morgan became president and initiated a widely emulated cooperative work-study program. The Antioch Review, one of the oldest literary magazines in America, began publication in 1941. In 1978 the college reincorporated as part of Antioch University, a multi-campus system headquartered in Yellow Springs.
Address
795 Livermore Street
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Location
795 Livermore Street
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.800130, Longitude: -83.889850.
Google map: