Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Franklin County / 13-25 Deaf School Park [6]

  • 13-25 Deaf School Park 13-25 Deaf School Park
  • 13-25 Deaf School Park 9/7/13 13-25 Deaf School Park 9/7/13
  • 13-25 Deaf School Park Back 13-25 Deaf School Park Back
  • 13-25 Deaf School Park front 13-25 Deaf School Park front
  • 13-25 State School for the Deaf 13-25 State School for the Deaf
  • 13-25 State School for the Deaf 13-25 State School for the Deaf
Title, side A
Deaf School Park
Text, side A
This ten acre site was purchased in 1829 for the Ohio School for the Education of the Deaf. The first school building opened here in 1834; the school was enlarged in 1845. In 1868 the original school was replaced. Another school building was added in 1899 and a hospital in 1908. The Deaf School was relocated on Morse Road in 1953.
Address
480 E. Town St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Location
At site of park, E. Town Steet
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.960462, Longitude: -82.987854.
Google map: