Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Franklin County / 6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church [3]

  • 6-25 Marker 6-25 Marker
  • 6-25 Marker and surroundings 6-25 Marker and surroundings
  • 6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church 6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church
Title, side A
First Blendon Presbyterian Church
Text, side A
On this site in 1829 the Presbyterians of Blendon Township built their first church. The land was donated by Timothy Lee for "church and burial" purposes. The Reverend Ebenezer Washburn, the first minister, was buried in this cemetery. The church was destroyed one week after its dedication by an apparent act of arson.
Address
Dempsey Road and S. Hempstead Road
Westerville, OH 43081
Location
Site of 1st church in Westerville, in cemetery at NE corner of Dempsey and S. Hempstead roads
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.095350, Longitude: -82.905080.
Google map: