Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Logan County / 14-46 Ebenezer Zane Cabin [2]

  • 14-46 Marker 14-46 Marker
  • 14-46 Cabin in park 14-46 Cabin in park
Title, side A
Ebenezer Zane Cabin
Text, side A
The house of Ebenezer Zane was built here in 1805. The structure was the meeting place for the First Methodist Quarterly Conference in 1819 where over 300 settlers in the area and about sixty members of the Wyandot tribe came together. Although the cabin was reconstructed in 1997, it is a symbol of harmonious relations between American settlers and the Wyandot in the years before the latter's removal from Ohio in 1842.
Text, side B
The house of Ebenezer Zane was built here in 1805. The structure was the meeting place for the First Methodist Quarterly Conference in 1819 where over 300 settlers in the area and about sixty members of the Wyandot tribe came together. Although the cabin was reconstructed in 1997, it is a symbol of harmonious relations between American settlers and the Wyandot in the years before the latter's removal from Ohio in 1842.
Address
Sandusky Street
Zanesfield, OH 43360
Location
In park at SE corner of Sandusky St. and Bristle Ridge Pike
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.338889, Longitude: -83.676389.
Google map: