Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Lorain County / 18-47 Lorain County Community College [4]

  • 18-47 LCCC sign 18-47 LCCC sign
  • 18-47 Lorain County Community College 18-47 Lorain County Community College
  • 18-47 College 18-47 College
  • 18-47 Marker 18-47 Marker
Title, side A
Lorain County Community College
Text, side A
Lorain County Community College opened its Abbe Road facilities on October 3, 1966, making it the first community college in Ohio with a permanent campus. At the time, three buildings had been completed on the 250-acre site-Engineering Technologies, Physical Science, and Mechanical Services. By the end of the Fall 1966 semester, three more buildings opened-College Center, Business, and Physical Education. Lorain County Community College has become a cornerstone of the community, contributing to the educational and social and cultural enrichment of all Lorain County residents.
Address
1005 Abbe Road N
Elyria, OH 44035
Location
1005 Abbe Road, N.
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.412966, Longitude: -82.074000.
Google map: