Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Lucas County / 28-48 The University of Toledo [2]

  • 28-48 The Marker infront of the main building at the Scott Park Campus 28-48 The Marker infront of the main building at the Scott Park Campus
  • 28-48 The Marker 28-48 The Marker
Title, side A
The University of Toledo
Text, side A
In 1872, Jesup W. Scott donated 160 acres at this site as an endowment for a university to train "artists and artisans" to assume important roles in a growing industrial Toledo. The University held classes at Scott Park from 1922 to 1931. In 1969, the site of Scott's land donation became the site of the University's Community and Technical College.
Location
Scott Park Campus
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.385600, Longitude: -83.357300.
Google map: