- Title, side A
- Mormon Community
- Title, side B
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 7800 Kirtland-Chardon Rd.Kirtland, 44094
- At the entrance of the Kirtland Visitors Center
- Mormon Temple; Lake County
- The Kirtland Temple, dedicated in 1836, was the spiritual center of the faith. Internal dissension and external persecution arose largely from the distinctive features of the religion and weakened the Mormon community in Kirtland. In 1838, the majority of the Mormons here followed Smith westward to Missouri, Illinois, and eventually Utah (AL06627).