Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Preble County / 1-68 Roberts Bridge /

1-68 Roberts Covered Bridge

7_8778.jpg 1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails

⇧ Go to 1-68 Roberts Bridge Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Roberts Bridge
Title, side B
Timber Covered Bridge
Address
Eaton, 45320
Location
Erected at site of bridge near Eaton- S. Beach St
Latitude
39.740570
Longitude
-84.638550
Subjects
Bridges, Eaton, Rivers

Picture Details

Title
Roberts Covered Bridge
Caption
This covered bridge in the oldest still (1962) standing in the state and the last of the "double-barreled" spans in Ohio. It was built across Seven Mile Creek on the Old Camden Road in 1829-30 by Orlistus Roberts and J.L. Campbell. Its three burr-arch trusses built of native oak and poplar with a clear span of 73 feet, support the double roadway (AL07524).