Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Preble County / 2-68 Site of Fort St. Clair /

2-68 Fort St. Clair State Park

542_3186.jpg 2-68 Fort St. Clair State Park Thumbnails2-68 Fort St. Clair2-68 Fort St. Clair State Park Thumbnails2-68 Fort St. Clair2-68 Fort St. Clair State Park Thumbnails2-68 Fort St. Clair

⇧ Go to 2-68 Site of Fort St. Clair Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Site of Fort St. Clair
Title, side B
NULL
Address
395 Camden Road
Eaton, 45320
Location
395 Camden Road
Latitude
39.7437130
Longitude
-84.6509000

Picture Details

Title
Fort St. Clair State Park
Caption
Fort St. Clair was built in 1792 by General James Wilkinson as a supply post on the Ohio frontier. On November 6, 1792, Fort St. Clair was attacked by Chief Little Turtle of the Miami tribe and more than 200 of his men. The fort was later used as a supply stop by General "Mad" Anthony Wayne, who achieved a decisive victory against the Indians at the Battle of Fallen Timbers. Fort St. Clair Park was created in 1923 to commemorate the site (Om3077_001).